Happy Women’s History Month, my loves!
Every year, March is declared Women’s History Month to highlight the contributions of women to events in history and contemporary society.
We should be lifting each other up all year around, but these next few weeks give us an extra reason to celebrate and support each other.
CURRENT MARCH MOOD:
And while this month honors all our lady friends, that doesn’t mean the men around us aren’t part of this celebration too!
Our society is stronger when we all empower the women in it. That support comes from anyone and everyone – meaning we need women and men setting this example. We’re all in this together!
With that said, here are 10 easy ways you can celebrate Women’s History Month. What other ideas do you have? Share with us below.
1. Donate your time or funds to organizations that support girls. // Volunteering is one of the most rewarding ways to give back and invest in places championing girls. If you’re short on time this month, why not plan for April or donate financially? See below for a few I love.
- Days For Girls: A non-profit I’ve personally volunteered with and love the heart behind! DfG helps provide solutions for periods, health education, and social enterprises to women and girls in over 110+ countries.
- The Malala Fund: Helping to bolster girls’ secondary education around the world.
- World Vision: Working to create freedom from poverty, with Jesus at the center of their work. This org supports all children (E & I sponsor one!), but has specific programs empowering girls – like self-defense classes in India. You could choose to specifically sponsor a young girl on a monthly basis, or donate one time.
2. Read an empowering book by a boss lady! // I am fueled and encouraged by other women who share their honest stories. That vulnerability, inspiration, and self-belief rubs off on you!
Two of my actual all-time favorites – both less than $12 on Amazon right now:
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- If You Only Knew by Jamie Ivey
3. Take a girl-power soundtrack workout class. // Beyoncé. Ariana. Shania. Cardi. Spice Girls. They’ve all got on-theme tracks you can kick booty to and feel fueled by! Check out websites for more niche gyms in your area (ex: cycling studio) and see if they’re hosting classes to the tunes of your fave female stars. If you’re a Pelaton app fan, they have “artist series” to a lot of them too so you can DIY it.
4. Write a thank you to that woman in your life that inspires you. // We are strong women (or men!) because strong women have raised, mentored, and cheered us on. Pick up a card and send to the first lady that comes to mind (older or younger than you!) – why are you thankful for the example they’ve set?
Pro Tip: Trader Joe’s has the cutest 99 cent cards. Or grab on-theme post cards like these on Amazon – how freakin’ cool?!
Preview image via Amazon
5. GO VOTE. // 2020 marks the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment that gave women the right to vote. Your voice matters. Every vote matters! What better way to celebrate this milestone than by getting out there and exercising this right in the Primary this month?
Image via of Women’s Vote Centennial
6. Support women owned businesses. // I love shopping local, and I love shopping women-owned biz! Lifting each other up is a good feeling and creates the way for more of it. Pick up a treat for yourself or someone else.
Another thought, maybe it’s not a physical business you’re supporting – how can you support those with online services or platforms (i.e. maybe like your gal right here at Days By Day)?? Share their stuff with a friend, so easy!
A few I love:
- Noonday Collection: Jewelry that gives back to global artisans.
- Taylor Wolfe Shop: Fun sweaters & tees by my one of my favorite bloggers.
- Volumes Bookcafe: Chicago bookstore in Wicker Park!
- The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey: A podcast full of faith encouragement and real-life girlfriend conversations.
7. Watch the documentary, Girl Rising. // This organization started by a film that travels the globe to meet nine awe-inspiring girls, striving beyond circumstance to achieve their dreams. I still get chills thinking about their stories how encouraged I felt! Wouldn’t it be fun to host a watch party?
“One girl with courage is a revolution.” Wow, yes please. Trailer here.
8. Celebrate International Women’s Day – Sunday, March 8th // This day celebrates women achievements, raises awareness against bias, and takes action for equality – allowing everyone to thrive. The theme this year is #EachForEqual, strike the pose to support visually & give a shout out to those that inspire you on social!
9. Do something to invest in YOURSELF. // To all my girls out there…wouldn’t it be a little hypocritical if we were all this talk about celebrating women, but not taking a moment to give back to ourselves this month?
A few easy ways you could love on yourself:
- Sign up for that training you’re interested in
- Take a mental health day and be good to yourself: spa visit, journaling, etc.
- Make an action plan to take on that side-hustle
- Watch one of these 10 TED Talks by Women everyone should hear
10. Inspire your friends & the next generation. // Share this list with your besties and family members! Spread the word so others can get involved with one of these 10 easy ways to celebrate Women’s History Month.
And don’t forget about the sweet kiddos in your life! Whether it’s cuddling up to watch a Disney movie featuring their favorite heroine, or reading a cool book, let’s make sure the next generation feels inspired.
A couple I want to snag up and store away for my future family:
- Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls ($20): “Once upon a time” written stories about real-life heroines to inspire the sweetest dreams. (Same brand as the postcards above!)
Preview image via Amazon
- Herstory: 50 Women and Girls Who Shook Up the World (on sale for $13!): Beautiful overviews and illustrations of women who left their mark.
Preview image via Amazon
There you have it – 10 easy ways you can celebrate Women’s History Month! If you liked this list, would you share it with a friend today?
Now, let’s make this month one great party.
Pin this & let’s get others excited!