Let me be the first to say I am not a morning person. One of my goals for this year is to actually establish a better morning routine! Hard for a girl who loves her sleep and evening routines – I definitely prep more at night, so the morning is get-ready-and-go.
With that said, a daily constant as I get ready and commute to work is worship music, aka my Jesus jams. Worship songs are a perfect soundtrack for morning prayers as I get ready or read a devotional on the train. Anxious or excited, they bring me to a state of peace and gratitude with the reminders of God’s promises.
Lately, I’ve had some tunes on repeat. Sharing 10 worship songs, and my favorite lyrics, via Spotify below. Add to your own playlists if it sounds like morning lovin’ you’d enjoy too!
- What You Said by Jon Egan // “Your promises are yes and amen, I know. Nothing can ever change what You said, I know.”
- So Will I by Hillsong United // “I can see Your heart in everything You’ve done. Every part designed in a work of art called love.”
- You Say by Lauren Daigle // Um, can I copy the whole song? Ok, ok: “You say I am strong when I think I am weak. And you say I am held when I am falling short. And when I don’t belong, You say I am Yours…And I believe…What You say of me.”
- Bonus: Second L. Daigle jam, Look Up, Child
- Way Maker by Leeland // “Way maker. Miracle worker. Promise keeper. Light in the darkness. That is who you are.”
- King of My Heart by Bethel Music // “And let the King of my heart be the wind inside my sails, the anchor in the waves. Oh oh, He is my song.”
- Surrounded (Fight My Battles) by Michael W. Smith // “It may look like I’m surrounded, but I’m surrounded by you.”
- Whole Heart by Passion // “My hope is in the blood of Jesus. I know who I am because of who you are.”
- Center My Life by Austin Stone Worship // From our church back in Texas. 🙂 “Turn my eyes away from searching for lesser glory. Turn my eyes. And teach my heart with all Your wisdom to live for Heaven. And teach my heart.”
- Bonus: Jamie Ivey, wife of ASW lead singer, has an amazing podcast if that’s your thing.
- Yes I Will by Vertical Worship // “And I choose to praise, to glorify, glorify, the Name of all names that nothing can stand against.”
- Multiplied by NEEDTOBREATHE // “Your love is like radiant diamonds, bursting inside us we cannot contain.”
A little behind-the-scenes for ya: Christian music is a very new concept to me from the last few years. Growing up with more traditional hymns (also beautiful), I just didn’t really know this type of modern worship existed. Let me tell you, what a HUGE, life-changing discovery for a girl who grew up in a family with a love for music at its core. Wanted to share this realness in case it was the same for anyone else too!
Do you know any of the songs above? Share with me one of your worship favorites or morning routine must, please!