When we all have lots going on in our schedules, it can be tricky to not get stuck doing the same thing. When your finally notbusy, being tired makes it hard to break from the usual too!
With this in mind, I crafted a list of twenty-five date ideas that Eric and I either love doing, or have on our list. Hoping this generates some inspiration for your upcoming plans – whether it’s time with your S.O. or some gal pals!
- Tour de Noms, a twist on going out to dinner – pick three new restaurants and try a dish at each for courses of a meal!
- Search for a class on Groupon you can take together.
- Try out a new recipe. // Eric and I love doing this Sunday nights for dinner. Make extras and you have a couple lunches for the week!
- People watch and create backstories. // Airports or parks make the perfect setting.
- Hammock outside on a nice day, while reading or jamming to some tunes. // Eric has an Eno perfect for this.
- Attend a comedy show. // The Second City is our favorite here in Chicago.
- Redbox + Pizza night – an easy hit that you can change up by making your own pie!
- Exercise together – this can range from a racquetball competition to just taking a really long walk with no destination.
- Take a local brewery tour.
- Go on a photo booth hunt and collect all the strips you can – Photobooth.net is a good resource!
- Wake up early for a Farmer’s Market and grab a fresh breakfast.
- Try a new coffee shop – no technology, just books, caffeine, and conversation.
- Visit a thrift store or garage sale.
- Attend a themed party. // You can see Eric and I got really crafty for Becca’s Harry Potter Halloween event…
- BRUNCH. // A repeatedly tested and true favorite that I had to include.
- Volunteer together. // I’m trying to find an animal shelter Eric and I can go help out at.
- Check out a local fair or amusement park. // One of my favorite things about a Chicago summer?? All the street fests.
- Search for a free concert, play, or sporting event in your area.
- Get hooked on a weekly reality show and make brackets to guess the winner. // We probably have too many…Survivor, The Amazing Race, and I may or may not have gotten Eric hooked on The Bachelor drama.
- Picnic on the lake…or ocean, or at an overlook, or in a park. Don’t forget seasonal drinks!
- Go out to a dueling piano bar. // Eric had a favorite back in Austin – Pete’s!
- Double, even triple, dates for trivia night at a local bar.
- Rent a couple of kayaks or paddle boards and get on the water.
- Taco Tuesday. // So many taco places around town have delicious specials for this night.
- Fondue night at home – create your own with assortment with cheese, chocolate, and all sorts of dip-worthy snacks.
Have some date ideas I should add to the list?? Share ’em in the comments, friends!