Welcome, friends! I’m so excited about the re-launch of my little ol’ lifestyle blog. What do ya think??
If you didn’t know, I originally started this blog a couple of years ago to have a creative outlet where I could pursue my love for writing and photography. It came just before I was off to Chicago for a summer internship, and become the perfect place for me to keep family and friends updated on life in The Windy City.
In the last year, I have truly realized what an awesome blogging community is out there, and all the potential it can hold. That being said, this year I’m looking forward to growing this space, consistently posting, and connecting more with other bloggers out there!
These past few weeks, completing the switch to a self-hosted WP.org site has been a great learning experience. I sat down and did a lot of research on different designs, hosts, and how to make the transition. I chose to host my blog through Siteground and have loved it so far. The customer service has been wonderful, and they have tons of tutorials online.
The second huge part of this transition has been the theme I decided on from Pipdig. This site has a variety of beautiful designs you can totally make your own, and will even help you transfer your WP.com blog over when you host with Siteground (more info here). Phil was so helpful and patient throughout this process. I’m beyond happy with Days By Day’s new look.
I plan to write up some (hopefully) helpful how-to posts about this whole switch in the coming weeks – in the meantime, feel free to ask any questions in the comments!
If you might be a newer face, I’m glad you’re here! You can learn some more about the lady behind the blog here, but in the meantime, here are some quick facts:
- I made the move from Austin to Chicago last summer for my first big girl job in advertising.
- Eric is my person. We got engaged last June in Paris, while we backpacked Europe for a month.
- I’m obsessed with dogs, traveling, books, fall, and boots.
- I’m not the best cook, but I’m the queen of Trader Joe’s microwaveable meals and make a mean grilled cheese.
- My first concert was Britney Spears. My second was NSYNC, but don’t ask me to choose between them and the Backstreet Boys.
- I consider myself to be somewhat of a brunch expert – it’s my favorite weekend activity.
Hope you enjoy what you find around here, stay connected on social, and reach out to say hi!