Days By Day has been nominated for a Liebster Award by the wonderful Ashley over at Feather by Feather. Ashley writes in such a down to earth, honest voice and shares some awesome travel tips, ranging from a Prague travel guide to reasons to try a work exchange. If you’re a lover of adventure like me, you should give her blog a visit!
The Liebster Award is passed around among bloggers to help create a network of friends and readers. It was crafted as a great way to build community and show some support. The different rules vary among nominees, so I’ve crafted my post after combining a few different sets. Learn more here and see how it works once you receive a nomination below:
- Check out the post linked in your nomination and learn what do next.
- Write your post where you accept the award – answer the 10 questions you were asked, nominate 5 – 10 new bloggers, and write 10 new questions for them to answer.
- Notify your nominees with messages or social media posts.
With that being said, here are the questions Ashley asked her nominees to answer…
Why did you decide to start a blog? // I’ve always had a love for writing, reading, and photography. I studied advertising in college, and consider myself a decently creative person, so the drive to craft a personal space where I could share the things I love and connect with others was there. I finally decided to take the plunge and create a free WordPress.com blog to better pursue these hobbies, while simultaneously being able to keep loved ones updated as I set off to Chicago for a summer internship almost two years ago.
What are the three words that best sum up your blog? // Inspired, personable, adventurous
What do you love most about blogging? // I love that blogging can keep family and friends updated on all my adventures in The Windy City! Since graduating college has friends across the country, and moving to the Midwest means my family is back in Texas, I like knowing this is a way we can stay connected, even if we can’t hop on the phone each day. I also love that blogging can be this personal collection of interests and inspirations – and can even mold into a business of sorts!
What blog post are you most proud of? // I’m most proud of this post I wrote to document Eric and I’s engagement in Paris last June. It allowed me to preserve some memories and tiny details I’ll cherish forever.
What is your favorite thing to down when you aren’t working on your blog? // When not working on my blog in my free time, you can likely catch me brunching, watching a movie with a glass of red wine, or running outside on the lake if it’s a perfect sunny day.
What is the best book you have read recently? // Earlier this year I read The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. I always enjoy reading a good book full of suspense that keeps you turning the page. I’d definitely recommend this one!
How do you come up with new blog ideas? // This can be hard! I like to get inspiration from current things going on in my week, reading others’ blogs, and playing around on Pinterest. I’m all ears for tips here. 🙂
What is your biggest goal for your blog? // My biggest goal for now is to be consistent with posting and engaging with other bloggers out there. I want to continue to grow a network of friends in the blogosphere, documenting life’s moments, and would love to collaborate with companies or causes I love.
Where do you search to discover new blogs? // I find new blogs by connecting on social media – similar to how Ashley and I came across each other in a Facebook group – and checking out those featured on other blogs I enjoy reading.
What is your best piece of advice to other bloggers out there? // Just dive in! Regardless of what it is, from starting a blog in general to changing it up to take your next step (like self-hosting), don’t let overthinking or fear stand in the way. Others are so willing to help, and there are so many online resources, so you owe it to yourself to pursue your curiosity. I have to remind myself of this regularly!
My 10 questions for my Liebster Award nominees are:
- How long have you been blogging and why did you begin?
- What is your routine or approach to ensure you keep up with posting and connecting with other bloggers?
- What is your favorite post that you’ve written? Share the link.
- What are your top three hobbies, aside from blogging?
- To where was the best trip you’ve ever taken, and where are you wanting to go next?
- What song will always get you on the dance floor?
- A book you couldn’t put down that everyone needs to read?
- It’s time to Treat Yo Self – what are you going to do or purchase?
- What’s the best piece of advice you’d share with those looking to grow their blog?
- What are three free resources you love and would recommend to other bloggers?
I’ve nominated the following 5 awesome ladies:
- Nicole at Bolt Blogs // Nicole has a great voice that shines through her blog, you can tell she has so much fun with it. I love how she keeps it interesting in sharing a variety of other content. She was also so sweet in providing advice and recommendations when I was looking to make the jump to a self-hosted blog (we both love Pipdig!).
- Linh at Finding Linh // Linh has such a beautiful lifestyle blog! She’s awesome at posting about a wide range of topics – from her favorite recipes to travel tips to styles she’s loving. Linh was also kind enough to share some advice for my self-hosting transition!
- Michelle at Words, Voice, & Grace // Michelle has been a dear friend of mine for several years now. Her faith and love for those around her is so inspiring. She is an amazing writer. I feel like I’m getting to sit down right across from her over coffee when I read her blog.
- Hope at Everyday Explorer // Hope is a fellow lady living in The Windy City who blogs about things I love too – books, traveling, and seeking adventures that exist right outside your door.
- Sarah at The Curly Chronicles //Sarah’s fun personality and love for fashion are evident in her blog. She’s got some great posts up that can offer tips and tricks for living a healthy lifestyle to managing some crazy curls!
Hope everyone has a great week and beats the Monday blues with a good cup of coffee!
Hey girl! Thank you so much! Can’t wait to answer the questions! xoxo
Of course, lady!! Can’t wait to read your answers! 🙂