Today marks just a little under two weeks since moving to Chicago! So to celebrate that, I’ve gathered a list of the thoughts that have been running through my mind to share on my time in The Windy City so far.
- THIS WEATHER. I experienced this beautiful sunshine and breeziness last summer, but am still astonished all over again. I can go running at noon and not feel like I’m about to pass out, and that’s a beautiful thing. Last night, I even had to wear a sweater and yoga pants as I walked around in the evening. Chicago summer, I love you.
- That being said, when I walk around sometimes I think to myself, “What will this moment be like when there is a blizzard going on?” Chicago winter is just in general being referred to by me as a blizzard. Gotta put myself in the parka mindset, ya know. My roommate, Becca, says that’s not far off, but she’ll make sure I survive.
- Anyone who knows me knows that I love dogs more than most things. I am oh so very happy to report that there are practically more dogs than humans in my apartment building, so I usually get my daily fill of staring or asking to pet some cute pups. Not to mention all the other adorable ones I see at the park.
- Eric and I joined a gym, which will be super nice when the blizzard comes and I for sure can’t exercise outside. It was definitely a reminder that we are supposedly real adults now though, because for the last four years UT provided us with a lovely gym (for the exchange of our funds and brains), and now I have to pay for one?? RIP college.
- The world’s best cinnamon rolls are made here in town at Ann Sather. You get two huge circles of sweet goodness as just ONE of your two sides for your breakfast dish. Here is a picture because they say a picture is worth a thousand words, and you’d probably rather look at it than read the one thousand words I could write on how good they are.
It is finally the weekend, YAY. I’m very proud of myself for being productive this week since I don’t start work for a little while longer, but the weekend means Eric, Becca, and friends are off and it is time to play!
I will live vicariously in Chicago through your blog!
Aw that sounds wonderful, but then you miss come visit!!