This year I have a grand total of five weddings I will be attending! Love is in the air y’all, and I loveee it. It means so much to be apart of someone’s special day. This Saturday, the special day was in Dallas for my dear friend, Erica, and her now husband, Hunter. It was gorgeous, and Eric and I had a blast celebrating the newlyweds along side our friends.
Since I’m going to five different weddings for wonderful couples this year, I figured I’d list five things I love about these celebrations while they’re fresh on my mind.
- Reunions // One of the coolest things about weddings is that they bring you back together with people from your life who are so near and dear to your heart, but that you don’t get to see often for one reason or another. This past weekend it was some college girlfriends who graduated a couple years ago. No matter how much texting you do, it can’t compare to a night of endless chatter, constant laughing, or….
- DANCING // People who know me know that I love dancing. It’s one reason Eric makes for a great wedding date! Whether it’s with him or a whole gang of friends on the dance floor, I love me a good variety of music and room to groove all night long.
- Speeches // This is seriously one of my favorite parts of every wedding because who better to hear speak about the bride, the groom, and their love than the people who know them best. I feel like hearing the Best Man and Made of Honor speak gives you a total insider perspective on the couple. This past weekend, the Best Man went for laughs and the Maid of Honor gave some heartfelt advice, and both were totally wonderful.
- Groom’s First Look // I think I saw this somewhere online years ago, but I read that you should always take a peak at the groom’s face when he is watching his bride come down the aisle, because so often it’s his first look of the day. It’s a really special moment because the groom is beaming with pride and emotion – such a sweet thing to catch.
- Variety // A huge reason I love weddings is because they are all so different, just like every couple! They have unique decorations and foods and highlights – it all just makes each experience one to remember. Already this year I have attended an adorable country, chic reception and another that felt like a fairytale, they were both completely amazing and could not have been more perfectly fit for the couples.
Needless to say, all this and more makes me so excited for the weddings still to come this year. I can’t wait to see and celebrate the love of those who totally deserve it!